Thread: Empires
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Empires

2404.6 – This month the Senate approves Chairman Whitmore’s request for 4 more Quasar Class FGs and accompanying small craft. The Senate also earmarks funds for the upgrading of all Agamemnon Class DD to the Agamemnon II Class; the only difference being the new version mounts 6 XO Standard Missile racks. The Senates generosity does not end there though. Since two more Wyoming Space Yards have come on line this month (bringing the total to four) the Senate agrees to fund the production of 2 new Galaxy Class LC [Light Cruiser]. This ship, which will be the largest warship the Republic has ever undertaken, was designed by Sukhoi Aero-Space Industries. The Galaxy Class (attached) utilizes 9 Military Engines to accelerate it to 6km/s. Offensive capability is provided by 5 Missile Launchers, 1 Laser, and 8 XO Standard Missiles. Defense is in the form of 2 Basic Point Defense cannons, 4 Shield generators, and 40kT of armor wrapped around the outer hull. Construction time for 1 Galaxy Class LC is 5 months. One of these new flagships of the Republic is earmarked for Admiral Derek who was just promoted and charged with command of the newly formed Republican Guard. Six Agamemnon II Class DDs are also earmarked for this fleet.

Derek: “Thank you Sky Marshal for giving me this opportunity, I assure you I will not let you down.”
Kana: “I really don’t give a d*** about you letting me down or not. All I care about is this Republic and if you fail her I will push you out the nearest airlock personally.”
Derek’s mood turns frosty “Sky Marshal with all due respect you don’t have the authority to relieve me… forcibly… or not. That power is reserved for the President.”
Kana turns equally cold “Make no mistakes Derek; he is nothing but a political puppet for the corporations that fund his campaigns. I am the Navy and the defense for this Republic. You do your job if the Republic calls on you and everything will be fine. Otherwise I will make it my mission in life to see you and your family disgraced and dishonored. Do I make myself CRYSTAL_CLEAR Ad-Maw-Rule?”
Derek noted the way Kana pronounced the word Admiral, more of an insult than a rank. Looking at the Sky Marshal he suddenly understood why this man didn’t have a wife and children. He felt sadness and pity but tucked both aside before they could become expressions on his face. Kana didn’t deserve those feelings from him or anyone else. Kana had chosen to sacrifice his personal life for the Republic. If the Sky Marshal wanted dedication to duty than that is what he would get. Derek managed a weak smile before replying “Sky Marshal I will die before failing. Failure means my family is lost too.” With a sharp click Derek snaps off an academy crisp salute “Hail the Republic” and spinning in place leaves the Sky Marshal standing alone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 484480-Galaxy.jpg (174.2 KB, 843 views)