View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:24 AM

Sergeant

Stryke11 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA R\'Lyeh:Pretenders and Scales

I usually prefer to play the heavy troop nations like Ulm, Pythium, LA Man, etc, and therefore almost always take full scales in growth, order, and prod.

SO, I decided to try EA R'Lyeh and I figured from what I read that it's ok to have neutral scales (not bad, just neutral). Boy was I in for a shock. I'm playing SP, and basically I'm lucky I'm the only sea power, because it has taken me an obscene amount of time to get situated.

I tried prophetizing my first slave prince and I loaded him up with atlantians and the atlantians with armor. I could barely recruit any of these guys and their morale is so bad expanding was tough business. I had a sleeping Polypal Queen. I got so far away from home with my expanding armies that I supplemented with tritons, merman, whatever neutrals I could muster. How do people play with bad scales? Also, the Mind Lords cost so much income was a real issue until the entire sea was mine. Looking back on it, I suppose a mind lord with tons of lobos would have been the best option. Is that what people do? The armored troops have suck morale.

I haven't even attempted any d-day operations on land. That will come soon though, as the sea is all mine. Luckily, in EA there are few non aquatic amphibian nations (like, say LA Ermor) nations, and so I haven't had any incursions, though there is a lot of coastline and they land boys are throwing a lot of troops around. I don't know how I will be able to compete. Any land attack tips not mentioned above? All Lobos? Sea Trolls? I dig Naiad Warriors and I'll have many of those, though my water gems aren't coming in that fast (I have Tiamatted everything but all my underwater sites seem to be earth related).

Few random things: Do undersea castles draw resources from friendly land provinces? This may be the problem, as my capital only had two sea neighbors and like 4 land neighbors.

How do I kill polypal spawn once the oceans are mine. I have a polypal queen pretender and have had two polypal elder mother heroes materialize, and in foolishness I produced a regular mother at the beginning. These little suckers won't STOP. There really should be a way to turn this off to ease my processor burden, and my sanity (I am OCD with troops, and so in general freespawn annoy me, gathering them and all).

I love the enslave thing the mindlords do, but it seems I need to mass them to make it a tide turner in battles.

I love how it's fun to experiment with a nation that's completely different than what I'm used to, but man I SUCK at EA R'Lyeh