View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

An update:

I have gotten the Componets file organized. I have removed what needed to be removed, including the Quantum Reactor. I don't like it, and I did not want it in the mod.

I have fleshed out the pseudo-Newtonian propulsion model based on proportion, and have set up the VehicleSize.txt file. I have added all tech info to the TechArea.txt file and have adjusted several components by renaming them and or modifying there abilities.

I had no model to follow for engines so I used the system from the AST mod.

5 Impulse Engines
3 Warp Drive engines (1 being available at game start)
3 Extended warp drive engines. (Transwarp, etc)
3 Seperate Quantum Singlarity drives for the Romulans.
3 Custom Race specific engines, Slipstream for the federation, Quantum Slipstream for the Romulans, and Hyper-Conduite Transwarp Drive for the Borg.

I have play tested the mod without errors.

I will now work on weapons.

I left Capital Ship Missle and DUC's as is for general all purpose use. I did however extend the DUC's to Level 10.

Point defense Cannons are now Point Defense Disrupters for general use while the Federation will have better Version named Point Defense Phasers.

I will leave the Cultural modifiers alone for now, but have included the ones from the AST mod as they are quite well balanced. (When setting up your empire you can choose)

I have editied the General.txt files for all major races to include the descriptions from Kwoks web site. They are all quite good Captain, far better than the ones I had.

All in all it was a productive day until I started watching the Discovery Channel. Then the day went poof.