View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2005, 07:45 PM

Corporal

dita is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Resources for web site

Hi all

First of all, I hope none of my commments (now or previously) have been misunderstood or taken out of context I apologise in advance if anyone has misunderstood me!

My "...Though, I`ve a feeling, as this is part of the manual, its copyrighted. But you get the idea" comment was referring to this thread about the manual----

"Sorry, but the manual is copyright.If folks want to read the manual, they can download the free game, which contains the game documentation.
Cheers
Andy"

I was trying give an example, in response to an earlier reply, the sort of thing I wanted to include in a web site. "i`ve a feeling" was my way to see "how the ground lay", (Obviously, I`m not very good at this forum stuff ) I was actually worried that suggesting using the image from the manual may not be the correct thing to do.

I made the conclusion (now I can see I may have jumped to that conclusion) that this infers that the contents of the manual are copyright, that is, I would not be able to use any of the images. I thought that conclusion may have being justified. I realise now that it perhaps was just concerning the distribution of the manual. Please don`t see my comments as moaning about such things, or having a "pop".

The green banner on http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm is the image I had mentioned about using, that is also in the game manual folder.

Once again, sorry if I`ve had upset anyone. I totally respect copyright etc and wish to do things right, whilst supporting an excellent product.