Old March 29th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
OK I've just installed the latest patch for both games:

1). The new "clear" terrain look (for summer) is beautiful, alas it only applies to elevation zero. Anything above and the clear terrain is the old sleek one.

2). It surprises me no one has actually commented on the new OpFire on Turn feature. From what I tried thus far (just a few minutes of playing), the randomness thrown in including suppression level, experience, etc etc makes this feature playable well. In fact it's quite on the "rare" side that units get fired upon when turning around (unless you're somehow close to the enemy). Kudos!

3). Summer trees are more beautiful & realistic looking now.

4). Tiger tanks & panthers etc, it was said they have realistic recording for their sound. But I don't find this to be true. Probably because I have installed CROSS's sound mod (even though it's prior to the patch installation).

5). Haven't played that long so I can't say anymore about possible quirks in the game mechanics.

Cheers!
1/ I think you are referring to basic green grass here. Yes the changes were only made to ground level and anything on hills was left as it was. When I first tested it with Andy he said he liked the effect of one type on ground level and another on hills so I didn't proceed with the hill set. I COULD do so but after awhile I found I liked the effect as well but if enough people don't like it I could set up the hills the same way

2/ it's working how we wanted it to work, early testing generated opfire with every tiny twitch from a half km away and it was toned down a bit to what it is now and I think it works well but we await more feedback

3/ Thank you. I am pleased with how they turned out..

4/ Tigers ( both types, Panthers, T-34, IS-2 and M3's have sounds recorded from video of those tanks moving . If you installed the patch over the mod sound pack it would not have overwrite any of the mods as those are NEW sounds that were added and no other unit uses them.

5/ If you find something report it and if need be use a save game of screen shot to illustrate. We know there is a new bug in the campaign unit review screen that produces a blank screen in some cases but it clears itself with a reload of the campaign save but it's a bit baffling as to what might have been done to cause that to happen but it is on our list to look into as I have seen it firsthand a couple of times now in my test campaign

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: