View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2003, 04:35 AM

Sergeant

Lighthorse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

Atrocities,

Orginally posted by DavidG
The Federation is way too powerfull! I think the combination of the Fed Sensor array and their training facilities (which can take ships to 25% very quickly) makes them uber powerfull. Compare this to the Romulans who can only train to 12% and have no equivalent to the fed sensor array. In ships with similar level of tech this results in the Feds having a 58% advantage in combat. This makes them pretty tough to beat. I think the fed sensor arrays benefits should be much lower. (even if it gave say a 5% combat bonus it would be a usefull componet due to it's long range scanning ability)
Here my two cents worth also.

Since I have been play-testing the Federation, I had noice their only advantages lays in their training, sensor array and treaties/trade where as for the other races have their own special advantages, (ie Borg organic armor, special weapons mounts for mosy of the other races vessels take outfix most of their ship classes, the Federations only have one class that special mounts work on). Take that away or weaken it those special advantages and the Federation will becomes a third rate empire, I my opinal.
Its a balancing act or should it be? What should this mod be, balance equal races or reflex the special abilities each race had. Case in point, the Borg once they get rolling it should take more than one or two races to stop them and push them back. A reason to united together to fight a threat before its to late. For me I prefer the later type of mod. No its not balance, but it sure as hell reflex Star Trek.

That Gentlemen is my two cents worth
Lighthorse

PS Just got back from watching Timeline, good movie, doesn't follow the book perfectly, but still a good movie