View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Well, this is new

I will place this ref in the appropriate (For me.) Thread later. Most of us know some of what the tensions between Greece and Turkey is about and it's certainly been ongoing for decades and more. The truth is Greece has been very concerned about Turkeys announced buy of 100 F-35 fighters and the more recent possible additional 24 more fighters for about ten years now.

Now Greece wants to but up to 354 F-35 fighters as reported by some in older reporting. Even if they went to a parity buy with Turkey how would they pay for it? The current plan this ref. below is reporting will give Greece it's best options. The F-16V (VIPER) is the most advanced F-16 flying now by ANYONE and would serve Greece well in it's air defense needs at a total fleet revision cost at between 1.5-2.0 billion dollars. The VERY long overdue upgrade to the S-300 systems would be most welcome some would suggest up to the S-400 standard (Russia is currently op evaluating the S-500.) which is one of the most advanced systems in the world.

Greece will request through Lockheed Martin for U.S. permission to buy them. But this hasn't happened yet and I can assure when it does it'll be widely reported.
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/184...s_For_F_35_Buy

My time is done here, I hear the shower calling me to get ready for work.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: