View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tank machine guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
also there will be no change to BMG/CMG/TMG in game ranges neither will selective TMG's be turned into BMG's
I'm not insisting on anything, but it always puzzled me: why BMGs have such poor range comparing to TMGs?.. The tankettes are handicapped this way. Maybe they could get TMGs?...

As for weapons mounted in opposite sides of a turret, I understand, that this is a compromise. It's better to have Type 97 tank shooting the gun and then the turret MG in one turn, than to remove an ability of firing the turret MG at all... In case of tanks with a gun, CMG and rear MG in a turret, it won't be a problem to remove one of MGs. (BTW: in case of Soviet T-35 tanks, one of 45mm guns should be removed, because there was no physical possibility to fire both guns at one target - unless the tank turned in front of the target, and then turned again to fire both its 45mm guns...).

In case of mentioned Polish wz.29 armoured car, note, that the variant with an AAMG is available only until 1932. Here is the same situation, with two (or even possibly three) weapons in different turret sides, manned by one man. The car also had a rear MG in a hull, which is removed in the game, because it was only useful in peculiar situations.

As for AAMGs in general, I guess, that in reality not all tank commanders always decided to open the hatch and fire at each aircraft, instead of sitting under an armour... Moreover: I don't think, that AAMGs were often used for firing at ground targets after firing a gun and CMG, and before another gun and CMG shot... But I'm afraid there's no practical solution.
Just a few thoughts...