View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:43 PM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II T-Shirt Contest

Quote:
Originally posted by Chazar:
Some good suggestions there, but shouldnt a t-shirt hold something non-players should understand? Hmm, i can only contribute this one, and it isnt exactly my invention (inspired by the lyrics of the song "Dominions"):
Yes and no. The very best slogans for things like this are those that have a simple, easily understandable meaning that everybody gets and also a different, humorous meaning to the people in the know. The second best slogans are, in my opinion, those that sound intriguing to ordinary mortals, and are inherently funny to insiders. Third best is slogans with a generic meaning which fits the game. Fourth best is slogans that seem bizarre and meaningless (as opposed to intriguing) unless you're an insider. The worst slogans are the ones that have a generic meaning that doesn't have any connection with the issue. (All very much IMO, of course.)