Thread: A0 as Aircraft
View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:04 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: A0 as Aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp10 View Post
I was reading the pre-planned bombardment thread and it was noted that an off-board (reinforcement) A0 unit causes problems. I have a battle in which the proper A0 is in an airborne Command and Control aircraft and did not arrive on the ground till the end of the scenario. I therefore took the advice to have it on the map from turn one but changed it into an ABCCC plane.
It seems to be doing Ok so far in my play testing (I do not move it during the battle) but is there a hidden code handling problem that could cause problems?
You may consider an alternate solution similar to what I proposed in the Delayed Bombardment thread. I am uncomfortable making the A0 unit off-map or exposing it unnecessarily.

In this case, I suggest making a AbC3 unit a company then cross-attach FA units.

Further, you may not want to make a vehicle as a company leader, in that case insert a FWD Obs in the aircraft, make the FO a company and cross-attach FA units and the aircraft to the FO.

=====