Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
This is what I am told

Quote:

We contacted everyone who legally owned the game and gave them 2 months to download the patch. We no longer have the rights to this game and have no rights to the game, patches, etc. If people contact customer support, and some have, we put them in contact with the developer.
That ends my involvment in this
First of all, DRG, thank you. The following isn't a reply to you.

I don't appreciate the "legally owned" part, but I will skip it.
I checked my emails.
On the 18th of May I received such email. I didn't pay attention to it. In my defense I never in the about quarter of a century I have email accounts ever before received an email telling me of patches stop being available after some time. Even when a company goes out of business, the patches still remain available either in some FTP server or 3rd party sites. Absurd to say the least.

I don't know if I will contact support. IIRC I kept buying the games (bought more than one over the years) with guest accounts because I hate to create accounts. Yes it would take me like 2 minutes, I know.

I am pissed off with the whole thing and seriously considering just never buying anything from either Shrapnel or Ibology. If they can't be bothered to have a file available for download, why should I bother with buying anything from them again.

Never in my life have I experienced something like this before. Even when developers/game series jump ship to other companies, you get to download patches for as long as the companies exist. Hell, I know of companies which went out of business and still somehow there were servers available for the games they published.

Mind boggling.

I don't plan on posting anything again about this matter.
Disgusted and Camo Workshop is not at fault for anything.
Thanks for your tolerance.