View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2014, 11:48 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daunted by Long Campaign force selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim James View Post
I'm really enjoying my long campaign, but I seem to be stuck on September 1939. I put the end date in 1945 and 20 battles total. This is my 3rd battle in the same month. I think one was a special counter attack but not the other two.

Did I mess something up?
20 battles total is ridiculously short for a whole WW2 campaign, especially for Germany. 20 battles would probably be OK for the 1944-45 period. 40 would be probably the minimum amount I'd allocate for an entire war GE LC.

The German LC also has special code to make a few more early battles (the clock advances slower). Otherwise the Poland & France bit of even a 40 battles WW2 would maybe have 1 early war action, Possibly skipping France completely, with maybe 1 battle in Poland, if lucky. That was changed way back in the DOS version as end users were complaining of too few early war actions.

Special battles don't count towards the total battle counter, nor do they advance the clock.

Also - after Poland, the clock will skip right over the Sitzkrieg to France 40, maybe with a side trip to Norway as well.

Andy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: