View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:49 PM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Spell effect stacking, bug or not?

When playing a druid I ran into a possible bug..
It seems that the effects of the "barkskin" spell stack when it is cast multiple times. When casting it a couple of times, which is only a small investment in mana, you can make your character allmost imune to physical damage (95% immune) . You then only receive one damage per enemy attack). I tried this in both the Crack of Doom and Hack and Slash and got the same effect. I -think- it also works for other spells that increase values by a certain percentage, I didn't really test this but I ran into Berserker Orks that had cast 60% damage on themselves multiple times and they ussually kill a 100+ hitpoint character in one strike.. It also works for the spell that increases your light radius, casting this multiple times will also have an additive effect.

What is your opinion on this? is it a bug or a feature? If it's a feature then it's my opinion that it's completely unbalanced. There's absolutely no reason to spend more than one skillpoint on any of the affected skills/spells because you can get maximum effect by casting them multiple times, and it makes it far to easy to get very high bonuses.

[ May 13, 2003, 17:53: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5