View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2003, 07:34 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just 10 planets?

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz-in-Space:
quote:
Any other Trader 1 or 2 players have tips for raynor as to how to get started easier?
Well, in Trader 1, you can keep an eye on the stock market. I usually wait until a stock goes down to 1 or 2 and then I buy a lot of the stock. Since the stock can't go far lower, You are safe in investing and wait until an up market surge takes the stock up a few points. Sell the stock and wait for another stock goes low and repeat!
Yep the stock market can be an imporant ingredient in a long-term plan. Even more so in Trader 2 now that the stock market has been adjusted slightly for stronger "trends", a news report on the stock companies added and a running, updated every 7-turn "ticker" has been added. Thought I wouldn't say it works well to begin with in the short term. Most players use the stock market as a place to put money when you have excess, i've found, though Taz's strategy certainly will work if you're patient enough.

That's what makes the game interesting; the various different strategies used to be successful.