View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Helicopter inaccuracies

Quote:
Originally Posted by donscott View Post
I went in and changed some things, but it didn't change anything when I tried to build a battle, maybe that was the wrong approach.

The first thing I did was change the minigun, weapon 185. I tried to figure what the strike impact would be from a 3 second 600 round burst, think I set it at 30 HE. This should be discussed.

I changed the UH-1B gunship to:
Weapon 1 2xM-60 (134) 40 HE, they carried 1800 rounds per gun.
Weapon 2 same
Weapon 3 2x2.75 FFAR 7 (177), we carried 7 shots to a side.
Weapon 4 door guns, 2xM-60 (134) 30HE we carried about 2,000 rounds per gun.

I added door guns to the UH-1B SS-11.

I changed Unit 862 UH-1B Maxwell to a UH-1C Mini-gun ship.
Weapon 1 mini-gun (185)6 shots, we carried 3700 rounds but when you fire 600 rounds in three seconds you run out fast. Hint-have ammo resupply available.
Weapon 2, also a mini-gun
Weapon 3, 2x2.75 FFAR (177) 7
Weapon 4, doorguns

The UH-1C Frog (893)- (I hated that name, mine was just the M-5 ship), I took away the AP ammo, we had no way of changing types of ammo in action. I changed the rockets to 7 and added door guns.

The UH-1C and UH-1M were virtually the same aircraft except for the engine. The AH-1G, UH-1H and UH-1M had a stronger engine then earlier models. I think you don't need units 892 or 894.

+5 experience boost barely makes up for the swagger, but I guess it will have to do.

The UH-1E of the Marines did not have a min-gun, it had the TAT-101 system of two M-60's under the nose. They didn't carry much ammo.

I know you are busy, but I wrote an article about UH-1 Armament that I posted on Armchair General, Vietnam thread, user name Rotorwash, just in case you get bored.
I have copied this to our notes for next year and will have a look at some point.. I am in he middle of another project ATM.

Post the link to that article

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....