View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

now i'm finishing the last battle of 06/42, i edited my force a bit to make it more realistic (thnx for your advices) so my force now consists of: 2 infantry companys, 2 mg's , 2 80mm mortars, 2 120mm mortars, 6 long barreled P4's (F2 version i think), 5 P3'sL, 6 stug3 f, 2 b2(f) flame tanks, 2 pzspw.AB41 armored cars, 2 gaschutz wagen B2 (some kind of mobile artillery based on the french bis2 tank), 3 nebelwerfer41 rocket launchers, 4 2cm AA guns, 1 battery of 15cm artillery and one 105mm+ battery.
now i know that 2 batteries is a bit too much but i'm used to massive artillery support and it was hard to switch from 6 batteries to only 2 :<
i hope this force is a bit more realistic.

now, a bit about the campaign:
since i got my stug3 f with its long barrel the scary T-34 M1941 became a joke (probably due to the fact that most of them conscript/green), i have some hardships with the KV's (some new versions with 13 frontal armor :0 the russians got), overall most of my lost armor was due to the AI's guns. i already forgot when i got my last result that wasn't decisive victory
i'm very eager to get to 1943 in order to taste some more balanced battles and finally to see some russian yaks/migs/anything with wings and stars on it.

edit: i remove my 2 88 guns and 2 88's mounted on trucks from the core (around 500 points) cause i didn't need them after i got my stug3 f.