View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

i finally got to the stalingrad phase of the offensive, stalingrad/city battles look great. i was really impressed when i stumbled upon russian workers militia, it really gives me the immersion and the feeling of stalingrad

just want to mention that the german ground attack planes begin to contribute seriously only around 06/42 since their plains gain rockets, so they become extremely effective against guns (i can make up to 6 attacks with rockets, while with bombs its only one attack while the firepower remains almost equal).
i think the first time my planes totally repaid themselves was in the middle of 42 in assault mission:
i got 2 fw190A-3 equipped with rockets, i was taking out AA guns ( they were supposed to be suppressed with my arty the same turn :< ) with them on my 1st sortie, i lost one of the planes while finishing off the remaining guns in the northern sector of the map. with rockets left for
5 attacks plus some 20mm guns extra ammo i took out:
2 mortars, 1 76mm field gun, 2 entrenched T-26s (nothing to proud of since my plane had 13mm and 20mm cannons) and 1 entrenched T-34 (backstab) :0
after those feats my plane still had some guns ammo but it had no targets in the north
and the south was dotted with AA (my poor scout plane found it out the hard way) so to avoid unnecessary damage to my plane i didn't call it again :<

now, considering this was an assault i think that the one remaining plane paid of the 170 points that i invested in those planes (around 70 after dividing by the 2.5 assault modifier).
so now i really anticipate the kursk battle to test the stukas equipped with 37mm gun (i heard they were the nemesis of T-34s) and maybe i will even try the 75mm equipped plane (don't remember its model) in a battle or two if it will appear in my air roster closer to 44.