View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Complaints/Concerns/Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Well, Firefox is set to keep cookies "until they expire", and to ask me before clearing any personal data. I haven't really ever messed with the settings at all, so I didn't think that was it.

I was under the impression that it was the site that was logging me out, not my browser. If that's not the case, then I'm mystified.
It's the site. I have my settings set to keep cookies until I close Firefox, then delete everything. Just leaving the forum pages open and logged in and doing something else for half an hour or less when I don't have any activity on the forum and it automatically logs me out.

Unless I checked the "Remember me" checkbox when I logged in, in which case it keeps me logged in until I log out. The autologout timer really should be set to more than 30 minutes. About two or three hours would be good, because it is VERY easy to have something come up or needing to do something. Sometimes it has taken me well over half an hour to just format a post correctly and it's a goddamn pain in the *** to have to log back in and maybe even lose all the text I typed, so copy-pasting into a text editor before you hit submit is a good idea.

The current autologout limit is extremely user-unfriendly.