View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2005, 02:28 AM

Corporal

Tals is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie\'s first impressions

Quote:
NTJedi said:
If you are somewhat knowledgeable about greek myths, fantasy lore and enjoyed playing the Civilization series... then this game is a great treasure.

PCarroll... have you discovered that you can place the location of your troops and assign commands to the commanders?

This game does take patience and I would suggest not playing against Ermor AI until you feel well experienced.
Dom 2 is a strange beast - i've played this for sometime now and mostly MP, PBEM or tcpip which the game is very well suited for. For me the real draw is playing a game where their is literally hundreds of different spells and items - all with nicely different effects. So a world where it is possible for armies to Portal to your enemies doorstep is available

I also found the game through the strategic newsgroup and the now defunct gone gold forum - though I don't frequent the Ng's anymore. Likewise I was an Ex Stars! player looking for another pbem game - the games are similar in that they both have great pbem hosting options - although Stars! interface was more intuitive the games are pretty much different so not really fair to compare

I also find the inteface whilst being initially not very intuitive - becomes so, almost like riding a bike - I hadn't played Dom 2 for about 6 months until recently, started it up and I was straight back into the game.

If I was to have a complaint i'd wish for some more diplomacy options - whilst I understand the point about a God not wanting to ally to another god, in reality this wouldn't be the case and some good old fashioned diplomacy options would really assist

Tals