Thread: Game size poll
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:50 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Game size poll

Victory conditions are surprisingly tricky. Some games have been won by a relatively small player suddenly teleporting SCs onto enough VPS to win in a single turn, which tends to make people feel the game was a bit pointless. I'm sure there's a way round this with a bit of thought though. In particular it should be possible to have an arbitrary victory condition since the server could parse the debug output and work things out itself - for example, you could say your average number of provinces over the last 5 turns must be at least n, or you must take and hold VPs for 5 turns.

I'd be very happy for you or anyone else to run a game on my server (although not quite now as I think I may have used up most of the demand for games for the moment). At present there's nothing to work out - just tell me the settings you want. When I get round to it I want to do a "Create Game" form on the website, but that will actually be quite a big job.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs