View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2004, 04:37 AM

Captain

Gandalph is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOT: Thread Overflow Depository (AKA: The Hijack This if you Dare Thread.)

Hijack of thread

I got into a heated debate the other day about the Kobe Bryant case with a friend of mine. This man had him already guilty because he is a celebrity, and probably because of the OJ Simpson case. I had to refute this. Not because I think Kobe is not guilty, but probably because I despite generalzation (?). There actually is, based on the information I have managed to dig up, a chance that Kobe actually is not guilty.
But I digress, What I am actually trying to point out is, that this man questioned my sources for information! Now I understand that no-one can rely on any single source of information, I believe that any individual newspaper/website/TV news has it's own agenda,and so I don't rely on any individual source!! I read my local paper, I read the New York Times, I have no less than 2 daily news briefs come to my email, and I get several mags monthly that cover this and other kinds of stuff, and I search the web when I am curious about a given subject, but don't feel well enough informed. I like to think that I am well informed because of this. If any of you out there disagree, or if you agree and would like to add to this, please add to this reply, and let me know how to stay more well informed.

end of hijacked thread
Gandalph
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.