View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:36 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Let me know if you need/want any help making any changes for compatibility with the new patch of main game.
Hi Scorpio,

I've taken a look at the changes - specifically the new icons in 183, 185 and 186 - and have come to the conclusion that, at present, an upgrade of the mod to compatibility with version 11 is not on the cards.

I have a principal policy of not tampering with the regular game's icons as most of the time they crop up in many OOBs and are always useful parts of any update.

Therefore any "update" I might make to my mod that does not contain these - frankly - crucial elements wouldn't really be an update at all. It would be tantamount to a botched nose job.

60 icons - 36 "turret-less" and 24 "invisible turrets" - are affected.

A closer inspection of similar shape files (53, 58, 59, 91 and 92) has yielded a maximum of 24 possible "redundancies" (at a push).

Of those 24, only 17 are of the "turret-less" ("-1") variety. That type of vehicle is however intrinsic to the mod.

At some point, I imagine, when the developers need the space again, new files of this variety will be coded in (a complicated process).

Until then it is likely that the remaining empty spots in shape files of this type will be filled as and when new icons are required.

Therefore we have no other choice, at present, but to wait and see what happens.

In the meantime I will continue to work on newer releases compatible with version 10b. I suggest those using the mod keep a copy of the game at that level for use with the mod.

It is a shame as the newest version of MBT is a real corker. Especially the new terrain and the graphical enhancements.

C'est la Guerre!

Last edited by RecruitMonty; March 4th, 2017 at 11:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post: