View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that arguably break the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadamus View Post
Yep Gandalf, it was important that i snuck arguably in there becasue it is simply that. At this point my premise has become, that, whilst it is important to retain the capacities these spells provide the player interms of drawing games to a conclusion, the means in which they (spells) are able to be brought to bear on an opponent is perhaps too easy and of consequence, significant damage can be done with minimal effort, which in my mind undermines the strategy and tactics of the game.
I find your ideas for modding the game to be very interesting.
I will offer some pros/cons however. Not on the specifics but on the general mod.

To change the way something is done in the game creates an effect curve IMHO. The more a mod becomes "you have to learn how to play the game this new way" the more difficult it is to get into. Its easier to remove them entirely and just set aside those strategies for a few games than to try and create another faction of heavily modded Dom3 followers.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)