View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:08 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Late game EA Abyisa. Where is the on button?

EA Abysia is all about fire. Fair enough, I have set up the damage spells and enemies armies tend to turn into giant bonfires. I summoned the two Fire Kings and they do their thing, thought fire based construction items are not that exciting. Second Sun is too subtle for me to figure out the big advantage for 80 gems. Late game, I don’t see the “kick butt” strategy. What am I missing?

Every other nation I have played has a range of different strategies and in late game can do many interesting things. All Abysia seems to do is get more and more fire damage spells. There has been no sudden “look what I just got, my nation rocks” moment that you get when you GOR an Otherness or finally cast Astral Corruption. Just more and more fire mages tossing more and more forms of fire over the heads

Also, the national summons spells, Spectral Infantry and Scorpion Man, both rely on empowerment and gems that you have to get independents or mercenaries to create. Maybe I am missing something (I usually am) but these units can not make up the heart of a strategy for this nation.

So, yes, a strong but slow nation, but it seems unusually shallow. You have to diversify your magic. Am I missing something? Have I not explored blood and astral enough?