View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2016, 01:04 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Al-Hawl Offensive Battle Report

SPOILER ALERT

Very good scenario. I just PBEM this one as Daesh side. Got a marginal defeat after 43 turns. My opponent as the Kurds (Tomas) implemented great tactics for the assault very similar to those described in the previous AAR, but with not just the three avenues of approach used in that battle, but also adding a fourth avenue of approach through the middle roadless sector of the map between the northern primary road and secondary road into Al-Hawl, which helped to suppress my ambushing Daesh units placed around Al-Hawl and eased the advance of the kurdish infantry.

I believe the scenario briefing underestimates the YPG overall assets. Though the YPG had no artillery support against the dug in opposing force, except some mortars and on board rocket launchers, it had very good air support consisting of eight (8) F-16's which had a perfect milk run clearing out fortified houses and infantry with their AGM-65s, cluster bombs and strafing runs due to the feeble AAA Daesh defense. Kurdish infantry had high morale.

The Daesh force consists mostly entirely on infantry well spread out around the map, it had a couple of Mortar teams and an onboard 152mm FG with BTR-50K carrier and some Ammo dumps.

As a scenario designer, i must say that this is yet another Ulf Lundstrom fine scenario which is highly inspiring for designing further scenarios and PBEM. Thank you Ulf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Al-Hawl AAR.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	14328  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post: