View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2020, 08:12 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Mid way through turn 26
We have lost a good portion of our core over 200 men, the Brits have lost over 900 & are still pressing forward.
Around 1,000 of there men will be manning the batteries I would guess big crews.
British morale might be fading the last turn seemed easier, lets hope so.
Discrepancy in kills is because it only records core forces campaigns, Bunker must have killed another unit I did not see & somehow its crew still lives

Its a complete mess we cannot stop the infantry heading for the bridge from entrenchments so have gambled on the long plot times for artillery & have moved out as its quietened down. Trying to head for areas it has not hit like the stream & further East in the hopes it hits where I was.
We were getting pounded so given up the emplacements we are now meeting them head on in an effort to reclaim the bridge.
Just thought to look at suppression screen this shows why staying in place was a problem, a lot of my force was being hit by artillery.
Slightly worrying that the average has risen in the last few turns, we have not avoided it all & the fighting has been pretty intense.
its not just the barrage that's causing suppression of course

Much of my arty has also left cover & taken up positions hidden by smoke from the fires in areas that were only hit at the start, they keep getting slapped in their entrenchments & resupply has been fairly untenable.
Most MGs are also getting low on ammo to so selective firing to conserve it.

Decided well forced really to split the South Force.
Some are going round to contain the area behind the bridge just in case & attack from the front. The others are moving NE to hopefully attack from the side.
They have had to lend support to stopping British infantry crossing the stream.
A small portion of the North Force have also edged forward & have run into light resistance, artillery is hampering operations here & the supporting tank had to withdraw.
Don't ask about the state of my tanks more are damaged than in good order now so have to be careful planning hit & run attacks.
North

South

Amazingly the immobile StuG still lives would be nice if we can save him, thought he would have bailed out or died by now its been assaulted at least 6 times

The action is not so intense now first ease up to date so this is what happened in main area - key is below

Target is 2 Churchills & routed Sherman part way through my turn, they have been hit with mild artillery
A - Couple shots each with MG for more suppression on squads there.
B - My squad attacks also then switch to other as take a lot of fire from newly seen squads at F
C - I hex moved & took out lead Sherman (done already)
D - I hex move receives I shot so other moves up between them they take out all 3 targets then run
visibility hexes are from D - heavy arty is falling in the hex we fired from hence scoot & shoot tactics.
E - Repulsed infantry advances
F - Discovered infantry & now dead routed Sherman
G - 3 more Churchill's turn up.
H - Poised to retake VHexes
Its all action there is no let up they just keep coming.

Superstar StuG is on 21 kills now, 19 in one battle must be a record surely. it only has a few MG rounds left.
Going to try making a run for the rear covered by the damaged StuG that is poised to retake the VHexes (that's the bunker crew behind him).
Probably just going to park up somewhere I would like to reload him but arty has priority.
British owned Vhexes are currently worth 430 points a turn to me so we need them back.
Major worry is getting caught badly by arty now we are in the open.