View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2020, 10:56 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Situation Turn 9 Start
Shocking couple of turns my brain must have gone to lunch the only reason I have not lost several tanks among other things is luck plain & simple.
The AI missed several decent accuracy shots, brain finally came back on line to save the situation but spent most of the turns reacting to the AI in a stupid fashion.
Wasted a lot of smoke that I will need for the ATG that are probably protecting the rear area.
LOSSES
A halftrack & immob another one with a silly move, drove 250/11 on top of Hill 2 by mistake - at least he spotted a Sherman before a Churchill I think killed him.
Drove a truck straight into enemy LOS - pioneers survived with 3 hits.
So many more cases of infantry taking losses due to silly moves.

NORTH
Resistance seems light pushing forward - there is enemy arty at far East of here.
3 squads engaged & trying to find a Bofors AA gun, 222A/C hiding in depression till StuG can deal with it.

CENTRE
There is a ATG just North of hill 1 its fairly close so tanks have had to pull South.
There are infantry on front face of the hill, probably should not have attacked here till could come at from side as now need arty to tip the balance.
There are not many rough hexes but the AI has made good use of them its units are on them making life harder.
Finally killed the ATG but infantry took quite a few hits doing so, turns out screened by 3 or 4 squads.

There is another one here just SE of the M10 making attacking the M10 difficult, they have fields of fire to flanking force.
Calling in smoke my arty batterie somehow missed the M10 completely to make things worse, most in fact was errant & missed there targets.

Force on rear hills is advancing, another 2 hexes visibility & they might have been useful there. Luckily the tanks did place smoke to screen before entering the depression or they might have been siting ducks.

As said 250/11 located a group of tanks the hard way in SE map area, one spotted.
Need a plan probably engage them from hill 1 with long shots then finish from hill 2. Will need smoke to cover from whatever else lurks in the depression behind hill 1.

I have lots of decent tanks effectively a Pz Kompanie 17 tank formation with 6 upgraded to StuG's & they all carry smoke. No mediocre tanks I should be using them better the AI probably has about the same number as its a delay.
Hopefully we will make better progress & clear the immediate area in the next few turns.