View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2019, 06:02 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to prevent a unit from assaulting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Tough - best option if have the movement points is fire the AT weapon with the W key then assault it.
How do I know if it's going to assault or simply to fire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Assaulting can be an issue if all you have is a grenade, they could even suffer tank panic.
Just saying I like doing it the above way as you get 2 attempts, hopefully the AT weapon hit in which case it will be suppressed.
Must admit I love sneaking up on a tank from the rear, hard to pull off and only worth risking if you have support.
Fire AT and then assault. You must have been stationary to do that? Will it make any difference or take more action points if I fire all the weapons instead of AT only before assaulting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
When playing as the Germans my infantry is usually 7 out of 10 (give or take 2). As the British or US at least 4 or 5 out of 10. You have to sneak up on the tanks or let them run into you.
What do these numbers mean?

Anyway, the subject of this thread is not infantry tactics but the WinSPWW2 engine, which allows very fine control such as reaction filtering and selection of individual weapons but fails to the let the user decide whether a squad is to assault or to fire. Would not a separate command for assaulting be helpful?
If it’s not got enough MP or is pinned it’s going to fire.

Of course stationary, stationary has a much higher success rate if possible you ambush rather than move to assault. That said once one assault has started I will hit him with everyone that can.

Will it make any difference etc - yes it will probably assault if possible as already stated.