View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2015, 09:40 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI transport helos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Have to agree with Andy, AI is all I fight against and on several occasions over now many years the AI helo will seek a clear landing spot as close as possible to a v-hex. Also the transported troops after a turn will attempt to directly move towards the V-hex(s). Of note it's been my experience that the Chinese seem the most active in this regard/tactic. Russia only a couple of times and I've had a couple other countries do it once. I've maybe only seen this done by all maybe 10-12 times in almost as many years. It seems a very rare occurrence driven I'm sure by many perimeters the AI has to "work" within. I've always believed in "Fighting men, from the sky..." on my part.

Regards,
Pat
One of the hardest battles I have ever had vs the AI & I nearly rerolled it because I thought it would be dead easy was Russian AI doing a river crossing on a full width map, this met the AIs criteria in a big way.
Few turns of bombardment & fast air in which I spotted a few ground vehicles then the paras turned up supported by attack & transport helos, turns out most of the AI arrived by air.
Arty park gone desperate attempt to save my HQ, forget holding the bank for now I have far bigger problems. Ended up having to clear the enemy out of my fortifications which I had abandoned on rescue missions.
Talk about getting caught well & truly with my pants down, we held but with totally unacceptable losses.