View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2018, 03:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 SPWW2 Upgrade Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Sharpe, Green Jacket View Post
i keep getting error messages when i try to launch game after downloading updates: ipdd and direct draw .. can i get some assistance?
That usually happens when you are trying to drive your monitor at a resolution it cannot handle.

A nice thing to know - is it the free demo or the full game?.

If it is the free demo then you may be trying to drive a modern monitor at 800x600 (or possibly even 640x480) in full screen mode. Some modern monitors wont go below 1024 wide these days.
- If so, select windowed mode on page 1 of the game launcher and the game will play in a window on the desktop.

If it is the full game (CD Version), then again the best start is to select windowed mode, as full screen mode is an unsupported legacy from MSDOS days and square (4:3) monitors and its 256 colour mode causes problems with modern versions of Windows.
Windowed mode uses the full 32 bit colour palette so it plays properly with windows post XP.
Select desktop for the screen resolution - not one of the legacy modes like 1024x768 which are for old style CRT monitors.
Desktop resolution reads your current windows desktop mode and uses that and so deals with modern wide-screen monitors.