View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Berserkers of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
I don't think it's repel generally preventing the starspawns from hitting things, but their low attack score.
Well, they have a compounding effect, but I don't think the low attack score always plays the most important part in the equation. In a perfect scenario, yes (e.g., you're fighting in your dominion with experienced troops and Fanaticism on), but in my tests, when you have to deal with morale-reducing effects (enemy dominion, Panic/Terror, etc), Starspawns seem to hit much more reliably once berserk kicks in, even when taking the berserk attack bonus into account. I'd bet repels matter more than their pitiful attack score in that case.

Quote:
So a minor fire bless and quickness buff makes a bigger difference than berserk.
True. But berserk also gives a small attack bonus and stacks with Quickness, so you end up with 1 less attack than with the F4 bless. Not that big of a difference. And once you factor in the fatigue differential (Starspawns accrue less fatigue than the opposition thanks to life drain and are less likely to use heavy armor), it's even less of an issue.

Quote:
Void summoners scripted returning always survives, so being able to win in melee against void creatures doesn't really change anything.
True again, as I wrote it's just an amusing side effect of the bless. I toyed with it because so far I've used the N9 bless in testbed games only, and didn't bother with the chore of supplying pearls to my summoners.