Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Well like I said back in early June, trying to keep up on tracking these issues and I see it's been quite here for a while when there's so much happening in this area. So consider this FYI with some minor changes for some starting with the first entry. I will not due to time issues be able to finish this tonight. Consider this Part I. I will do this alpha by country. As a reminder an "ADD" is assumed with End Date DEC 2025 unless otherwise noted. Also what might be requested again are minor issues so, the refs submitted represent a "composite" taken from other refs. If this was a new piece of gear I would as always "bombard" Don as the record has shown with many more refs.

1. I don't remember if ECM devices contribute to EW ratings for tanks. I would think some minor adjustment would be made only for the fact if so equipped they tend to tie into the countermeasures on board in timing the proper launch protocols for the inbound threat. So I'm going with that for now...

A1. ALGERIA/ADD/JUN 2018/T-90SA/COPY UNIT 027/WITH SHTORA-1//
Article is from May, it's indicating system is already installed on some tanks. June seems like a safe month, however, if you wish to be more conservative then I recommend NLT OCT.

C1. ALGERIA/CHANGE/UNIT 027/T-90S/TORD T-90SA//
All Algerian T-90S (Standard export version.) were modified somewhat for desert warfare to include, I know, AC (But remember folks AC isn't for the crew but for the electronics.) and therefore designated T-90SA.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/may_2..._53005161.html

FYI HEADLINE/AUSTRILIA/MIA1 TO BE UPGRADED TO THE MIA2 LEVEL/HAVE ALREADY SEEN ARITICLES TO INDICATE THEY WILL ALSO GET TROPHY INSTALLED/TRACKING/GUESS/SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH UNITS UPGRADED AND IN THE FIELD BY OCT 2022//
https://www.armyrecognition.com/febr...s_planned.html

With 5 minutes to spare I leave you to spend time with CINCLANTHOME.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: