View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2016, 06:02 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cross country speeds

Thanks Scorpio.
In the British OOB
Inconsistencies are these.
These vehicles are class 3 and should be class 2 as they are 4x2 not ATwheeled, 4x4.
Morris LRC (Mk I?)
Humber Utility
LRDG Chevy ATG
LRDG Chevy AA
LRDG Chevy ATR
LRDG Scorpion
Lanchester AC
25mm Portee
2 Pdr Portee
3.7in Portee
I think also 3xMotorcycles

In the German OOB
These vehicles come in 4x2 and 4x4 but there are none in ATWheeled, they only appear in Wheeled. They should appear in class 2 and 3 (I know the OOB is full)
Opel
Buessing-NAG
Munitions LKW
These vehicles are class 3 and should be class 2 as they are 4x2 not ATwheeled, 4x4.
Kubelwagen VB
Schwimmwagen VB
Schwimmwagen
Kubelwagen
I think also Kraftrad, 3xBeiwagenKrad, Kraftradmelder

These vehicles are class 3 and should be class 2 as they are 6x4 not ATwheeled, 6x6.
Armoured Truck
Kfz 69 Protze
PzSPw. L202(h)
SdKfz 232 (6) B
SdKfz 231 (6)

I didnt provide this details originally as I dont know how the different classes are chosen and what they mean, but I have a better idea now I will do the other OObs if someone can confirm that 4x2 and 6x4 should be in class 2?

The Sdkfz 222 (also kubelwagen 4x2) and 231 are both in class 3, but the all wheel drive, all wheel steer 231 would have a much better cross country performance than 222 and kubelwagen. The Sdkfz 250 and 251 are in class 4 but especially the 250 had problems with too much weight on the front axles. They are not as good as fully tracked vehicles. I think sdkfz 231, terrapin, half tracks, the giant wheeled italian cars TL/AS etc and some others would be better put in a class between 3 and 4 in capabilities, if possible .

As for tracked vehicles cross country speeds I have used the speed in clear non-road for all the vehicles because othewise you cannot compare them. It looks to me that tracked vehicles get half their max speed in clear crosscountry. So I cannot see where my values are incorrect?