View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2019, 02:37 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: winSPMBT V13 ( 2019 ) Upgrade

Some of the frustration that Don has to deal (And myself in researching equipment prior to Don seeing it.) with in OOB work is when you're looking "forward" towards new, modernized equipment or a country buys equipment you'll sometimes find that these could lead you down an unintended path, and it can get ugly real fast. This year was certainly an ugly year.

A simple date change for the ABRAMS SEP V3 lead to if Don, took all my recommendations on the matter, to 2 Deletions and at least 8 other modifications. A "no brainer" simple submission for Brazil to get the M107A5/A5+ lead a total rework of all the M107 Series SPA units. The consequences for me was research/submit/correspond and reach an understanding in the direction we'll take. I'm done. Don will second check me as he should, modify as necessary once he decides to move forward on the submission(s) and when he runs into something as noted above, has to change the OOB, Scenarios and Campaigns said piece of equipment is in.

We have so many OOB's and equipment within them, issues like you presented and mine (And from other folks over the years.) will "pop up" it's unavoidable, unfortunate, very time consuming and for me personally, a step backwards.

Many know how I work and present my submissions, it is exacting and precise as my job required in the USN and as it does now in my current line of work.

The frustration with OOB work is like the examples above was due to "shoddy work" and lack of "due diligence" that went back before Andy and Don took this game on. This was an "ugly" year in that regard.

I hate stepping backwards, but we got them fixed and the game and players will be better for it, though at the time it might not feel like that.

I've read the notes and am very impressed with the outcome of this Patch. It was good to see a couple of former items added back from the past I liked, the artillery stuff and I REALLY liked the stacking info format. And anything to help or make the AI better is always a plus for me.

Andy and Don my hat's off too the both of you and to those that've over the years consistently contributed to the game in the "front of the house" and "behind the scenes".

Don my thanks to you for your support over these years I've enjoyed the teamwork aspect we've developed and am so grateful to you that you allowed so much of my work into this wonderful game.

You both needed the break a few years back and I fully understand the need for one now even if it should lead to retirement from the game. As some know already know we learned a hard lesson in "life is to short" and we (CINCLANTHOME & I) choose to live it.

I hope you both do so as well.

For the rest of you "mugs" I announced my retirement from this game already, so barring any unforeseen events, I hope to be around to maybe tell you "I told you so!?!" on some stuff I've been tracking for years now.

Suhiir thread as Don noted, is an excellent place to address those OOB issues from this last Patch it'll keep things compact.

Andy & Don we (Again my better half.) wish you both well and I leave with a fine Naval traditional farewell "Gods Speed and Fair Winds and Following Seas" to the both of you.

For all to remember...

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

I've got things to do in the morning before work so good whatever, wherever you are!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: