View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2003, 05:37 AM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xerathul\'s revenge (module discussion thread)

Awesome job!!

I have only have uncovered the town area, and have done the first quest (wolves), and the second quest (key). I'm having a bLast, and I love the use of the tiles you have in there for the buildings, forest, and graveyard areas.

My only suggestions so far is that I think you should add some monsters in the forest areas in the town level, there is alot to explore and nothing to kill or find, maybe a few items, gold, or chests in some of the dead end areas? Exploring the area was fun but I was thinking I would find something in there.

I guess it's random but I didn't get anything for any of the chests in the houses in town.

Because of lack of items, and gold, I have a very hard time with the mine level with my level 1 Cleric, I must have died 10 times or more down there from the wolves. The graveyard was easy because of Turn Undead, need to replay with another class I think after I'm done with Cleric.

Adding some items, monsters, and/or gold, would allow the player to level up to 2, and maybe buy some better items. Maybe I should have gone to the graveyard map first, but I figured killing the wolves would be easier.

Love the sheep, it's a very nice touch.
Not sure if it's a new graphic, but I love the town cryer guy, very cool.

Liked the fact that one guy moved from the other town, and that his reason ties into the other 2 'offical' Mods story, very cool idea, and done well. Overall all the dialogue is written very nicely.

Graveyard area, very, very cool. I love the usage of the bridges. Nice graphic look to everything. Not sure if you can but it might be cool to add coffins that you can open to get gold or a simple item. All those areas with the fences and coffins are cool, but when I first saw the coffins I tried to open them up, hehe.

Not sure if it's a new graphic, but the guards for the tower look awesome. I like how the leader doesn't look exactly the same as the grunts.

The new items I have seen like the bone armor, and wand, are very nice.

A few things that could make the game easier to play:

I'm haven't seen one yet (maybe there are already in there), but it would be good to add a portal in town that takes you to the graveyard (like Crown of the Magi), and any other areas that you goto alot. Going from the graveyard to town to sell gets boring, and is slow, might not be so bad if you add wandering monsters to the forest outside of town.

Not sure if this can be changed but a clear exit from the mine, and between the forest and graveyard would be better, IMHO. Currently it's a 'magic space' floating in air you can't see. I would move the exit to the graveyard to the border of the forest if you can. I would move the exit to the forest from the mines to the gray colored wall against the border in the mine if you can.

Like I said loving it so far, it's really great work! I'll post any more ideas/bugs I have as I continue to play if you want input on your Module.

Going into the tower...

[ October 16, 2003, 06:41: Message edited by: DarkStar ]