View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2018, 05:42 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Swedish data on British crews and tanks

I read the reports.
Interesting.
First I want to ask something about Swedish tactics and the 103. It says more than once that Swedish tank tactics were of a very aggressive moves, especially to isolate smaller/weaker units, etc. Was that something that they came up with before or after the 103 entered their army? I am finding it difficult to comprehend, how that tactic would work with a tank/tank destroyer, without a turret. As far as I know the tank was created/designed to use hull down positions, shoot/ambush the incoming Soviet forces and retreat when necessary. How did they hope to use it so aggressively I can't understand.

As for what it says about the British forces. Considering the very different terrain that the British forces would fight on, than the Swedish, it kinda makes sense. While the forests and hilly terrain of Sweden would be appropriate for tanks to be relatively close to each other, having to face the onslaught of Soviet artillery in open fields, it makes far more sense to have your tanks spread out.
I won't go into more things.

Accuracy of the gunners and all that, I don't know.