Thread: Mod Greyhawk mod
View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greyhawk mod

E9N9 Pale is alot of fun. Your black knight commanders make great thugs(with one being a prophet for divine blessing) and a combination of black knights(heavy hitters who absorb damage very well) and fire knights(good prot with bless, even better prot with berserk, 2 regen and fireshield) seems very effective. I didnt use any magic with them(drain 3, wanted to try the bless with decent scales) but it looks nice.

I also like the greyhawk nation, with some earth, nature and death on my pretender aswell as very good income scales(Order 3, Prod 3, Growth 3, Misfortune 3, Magic 1 and imprisoned pretender) i had a good time through the whole game. The 300 Gold thugs with a few trinkets were fun(N4E4D4 helped a little), the missile troops were deadly(great prrecision but well priced imo) and the heavy swordsmen were great shields. I focused mostly on building merchants in my capitol with the occasional arch-mage and quickly erected 3 castles to produce magus quickly for research. With a fire income of 20 or so per turn artillery spells and kings of elemental fire were soon destroying the enemy while my army(many, many mages, 300 high precision crossbowmen and 100 heavy swordsmen) simply stayed at home and watched. My pretender, a 9 dominion prince of death with the previously mentioned magics stayed home until he has summoned a king of elemental earth, a mound fiend and an ivy king at which point he was equipped and sent off to battle.

Very nice mods here, lots of fun to play.