View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2017, 08:29 AM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Leo2A4 destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
To begin with, merry X-mas to everyone, best wishes to you and your families!

Now, on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post

In general the Turkish military performs quite average in Syria. And to get into a game issue, I think their inflated base experience and morale are not in accordnance to their RL performance...
Hindsight is always 20/20 --- any enemy can get lucky .......and Greeks commenting about Turks.....gee, how did I expect that to go ..... The Turks ratings right now are the high side of average-----we'll see how this develops.
First of all, I don't understand why nationality prevents someone from commenting. Americans do comment on Russian military, Israelis on Arab militaries etc. Second, the Turks in the game have 73 BE and 77 morale in 2016. That puts them almost in the same league as France and Germany (around 75 BE IIRC) and actually with higher morale than both. They even have better xp and morale than Russian military (70 on both values), even though IMHO the latter is definitely more experienced and motivated (come to think of it the comtemporary Russian military is undervalued in the game).
Turkey isn't much more experienced or motivated than the average NATO countries that are in the 69-66 range. That is my point.
I do agree with what you said about hindsight though and I remembered that most events regarding Turkey happened after the latest update. One thing that is certain is that the coup attempt of July (and the purges that followed) did certainly have an effect on the ability of the Turkish military and I think that it should reflected in the next update (a drop in values after July 2016).
I've always wondered why the Bundeswehr has such high ratings post Cold War. Then again it is not like we ever really get to see them in action as such. Even in Afghanistan there wasn't much to report on.