Old October 11th, 2006, 07:08 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 and multiple rigs: [Gaming in Pers

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
Quote:
Frostmourne27 said:
Remember that the host game doesn't use up its own CD key though.
I don't understand this part. Are you saying that two of the players can play off one CD as long as one of them is the host? Or, am I misunderstanding your meaning?

Also, I'm not entirely sure how TCP/IP works when you are on the same intranet. On the internet you just type in an address and join as long as the host has permission set correctly. On an intranet, I know things can get weird. I don't have a lot of experience with LANs, to be honest. I know they're actually very simple though, if you understand the rules.

=$=
We've played many LAN games in Doms 2. Im not entirly sure that how can you set that up, since it wasn't me who connected the comps etc. but afaik you can give a specific IP address for each comp in windows [some "offline IP address"], and it will work perfectly then.
I am also not sure that how many copies the people gonna need, since we all used our own copies.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."