View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IDF OOB project.

Thank you Pat.

Some shots certainly had IR before the TI came in I need to look into that. But the dates are after the Yom Kippur war, mid 70s to mid 80s when the TI started coming in. The Shot-Kal Daled/Brak Or was in service with the 188th until 1992. The last reserve unit was shut down in 2002 as you mentioned.

As for Magach variants, fortunatly I did the wikipedia Hebrew page on this a few years ago with a shot list of the models, along with some other tankers. So I know the wiki page is good...So when I get to Magach tanks I should not have too much trouble. Also- Magach 7 is app(I just checked this a few days ago) no longer in service. This must have happened around 2010 or so...It was out of front line service 2003 when they shut down the 500th armored. Sabara was never in IDF service. The Magach 6B Gal was preferred for continued service and is still in reserve units.

BTW the rumors right now are that Merk 4 production will be at full steam- the cost being a reduction of the total number of tanks(meaning retirement of older tanks).