View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2003, 01:28 AM

Private

Scipio is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

Doublepost, sorry.

I just will make another post out of it now

May I ask how much you will copy the original Star Trek mod?

I looked through the original one and:
I saw there should be a Borg Tractor beam:
Quote:
Borg Tractor Beam I-III [Beam; Pulls Target]
And I tought every race should have a tractor beam best if it is small (like 1kt) because there are nearly no ships without it in Star Trek, further it should be a Repulser and Tractor beam at once. The Borg tractor beam should be the same but larger and shield depleting (as it was in TNG).
Then I saw the race statistics.
Federation:
Quote:
Production -2 Research +4 Intelligence -4 Trade +4 Happiness +3
Space Combat -2 Ground Combat -4 Shipyard Rate +1 Repair +1 Maintenance +1
I wonder about the ground combat because the federation soldiers are not very hard but not that bad in my oppionon, further the Federation ships are only science ships but also very good warships, because of their strong defense/shields. So they should have a bad offense and a good defense.

Klingons:
Quote:
Production -3 Research -4 Intelligence -3 Trade -2 Happiness +3
Space Combat +4 Ground Combat +5 Shipyard Rate -1 Repair -1 Maintenance +2
The poor Klingons! I can understand why the should produce so little and are so bad at research. Sure they are not very smart but a research malus of -2 would fit more and why this high production malus? I think an 0 would be best as they worship hard work much too.

Romulans:
Quote:
Production +3 Research +1 Intelligence +5 Trade -4 Happiness -3
Space Combat +3 Ground Combat +2 Shipyard Rate -2 Repair 0 Maintenance -1
I think the romulans have so many Warbirds in their fleet, they should be able to have at least a neutral shipyard rate wich would fit the production bonus more. And I dont think the romulans are such poor trades -2 or -1 would be better. And I think the romulans should be agressiv not honorable (wich they are absolutly not)

Dominion:
Quote:
Production 0 Research -2 Intelligence +5 Trade -5 Happiness -4
Space Combat +3 Ground Combat +5 Shipyard Rate +2 Repair -3 Maintenance -3
Didn`t they say in Star Trek that the dominion did much trade in the Gamma Quadrant? I am unsure.
And I think the Dominion has many small ships and few large, wouldn`t that speak for a negative ShipRate?

Cardassia:
Quote:
Production -2 Research 0 Intelligence +5 Trade -2 Happiness -3
Space Combat +3 Ground Combat +3 Shipyard Rate +2 Repair 0 Maintenance -2
In Star Trek they said that the Cardassians are not much stronger than the humans (GC +3?) and that they depend on many weak but numerous ships (SC +3?) also they are good at Intelleigence but not as good as the Dominion and Romulans!

Ferngi:
Quote:
Production +3 Research -3 Intelligence +2 Trade +5 Happiness +3
Space Combat -5 Ground Combat -5 Shipyard Rate 0 Repair 0 Maintenance -3
I cant belive Ferengis are good spies, they look differnent and will betray everyone for some money. I just cant imagine

Borg:
Quote:
Production +3 Research 0 Intelligence -5 Trade -10 Happiness 0
Space Combat 0 Ground Combat 0 Shipyard Rate +3 Repair +5 Maintenance +5
Do the Borg research at all? I think they steal all technology? At least they should be worse than klingons.

And further I think all other Races like the Breen should be not as good as the others just gap filler (Ice planets for the Breen)

I just thought that and thought it may help to hear someone to that, and I want to say that I love what is still left from the Original Star Trek mod...

[ June 26, 2003, 15:27: Message edited by: Scipio ]
Just 5 seconds of time for each of these.
</i]