View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:19 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Turn 24

A couple more enemy squads finally showed up north of Hill 1, but not soon enough to help out their buddy who showed up first. That one has turned. There are a lot of enemy units on Hill 1, but most if not all have taken casualties. My forces are holding them out about 250m, except the occasional tank hunters that get to within 100m. Fire is still pretty hot. I leave my infantry firing to the op-fire phase because if one does fire, he draws about 10 return shots. One of my HMG teams has been turned after taking a couple of casualties. I'm bringing my flank platoon over because all they were doing was watching trees grow. My guess is there are elements of two enemy companies around Hill 1. With the two putting presure on Hill 2 and the dead reinforced tank company, I've seen all the ground units they are sending forward.

Hill 2 is still getting some artillery, but most of it is on the back side. The company HQ squad is running and isn't even on the line. The two line platoons are still holding the enemy out about 200m. Mortar fire is keeping the enemy attack very fragmented. Most enemy units are shooting and not moving.

My guess is there are elements of two enemy companies around Hill 1. With the two putting presure on Hill 2 and the dead reinforced tank company, I've seen all the ground units they are sending forward. They haven't even bothered to take the "free" flag down in the southern area. I think it is time for me to move Charlie Company out and try to hit the right flank of the attacking enemy hitting Hill 2.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.