View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

Allright.
Plan was as follows: 1 & 2 Cie with Sherman platoon support and some heavier weapons were to make a push through the south. Let's assume I listened to younger officers and decided to bypass main defence sector. In the meantime, 3rd Cie with most of armour support was to fix enemy in the town so enemy could not provide reinforcements. They got however lots of tanks and deadly 12 MMGs at their help... in case they succeeded.
And they did.
Southern sector was holding up very well and it took me a while to crack those PzIVs and Stugs. But when Germans broke I decided to rush for it. I crossed the stream and managed to raid very close to the trenches.
Surprisingly, to the north, defence in the down was broken within several turns. German line defence did not stand 5 minutes under that fire, especially I had MMGs already deployed on a ridge I captured before. Some of my tanks got hit randomly, but besides my casualties are still acceptable... though heavy in general. Not only I secured the bridge, but I started to dismantle some fences.
It seems combined variant of your proposed plan actually worked.

And now, here's what I want to do:
I want to use the momentum. Not sure what hrs is in game, but my perfect plan: I am regrouping till midnight comes. My observateours are guiding artillery to suppress the Germans and halt their work over the main line. If I am to attack at night, I need no heavier artillery so it can empty itself till daylight. But if I got some bombardment before, that would make me glad.

In fact, if I get SERIOUS (at least squadron) of bombers or ground attack aircraft - if HQ can provide me that - I would attack within an hour of this scenario. I just need to bring in stragglers and help my tanks in crossing the stream. But what genies are for?

I would definitely go for any of those two options, with the first being better. I got a nice foothold and I want to use it. I want to get rid of the Nazis before they can regroup and bring in reinforcements. There is probably only weaker engineer group working their *** off in the trenches. That should be an easy crack for me.

Whatever happens, I want to motivate my men. Rule is simple: if they break through, everything what lies beyond that hill belongs to them.
I hope you catch the reference?

Besides, as always, I am requesting as many support as I can. Any support will do.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Frenchmen.7z (94.3 KB, 87 views)