View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2003, 12:22 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the "King of the Hill"?

Trithian Empire (Slynky) -vs- Kif Hegemony (Mark the Merciful): 2408.0 (I think)

(standard KOTH game: 1 medium starting homeworld)

Speaking of brutal...

Again, on the northeast side (below the arm/tentacle), Mark moved toward one of my perimeter systems. He popped through the wormhole. Mark: 17 battleships, 2 LCs -vs- Me: 76 small sats, 18 BCs, 110 ftrs. Obviously trained, they were hard to hit! I would have to say his position coming in was bad. He chose "wall" and it ran perpendicular to my "V", so I had one end of him with my fleet and the 76 sats were at the other end of his line. My sats only screwed up 2 Bats but several of them clustered around it to blow the stack away. This worked to my advantage as my fleet had fewer ships to contend with on the other end of his wall. Results: Mark's fleet destroyed (support ships, too) while I ended with 0 sats, 70 ftrs, and 12 BCs.

Meanwhile, we were both making plans in the southwestern part of the map. I thought I may have the surprise, but when I moved into his area and glassed a planet, I see a fleet that is borderline victory problem. After adding a few more ships 'cause it looked like a problem, we met over his planet. Mark: 7 Bats, 7 LCs, and 2 small WPs -vs- Me: 8 BCs, 8 CRs, 5 LCs, and 3 DEs. Though all trained, several of the smaller ships were old designs. Results: Mark's planet and fleet destroyed, Me: 3 BCs and my support ships left (whew!).

So, we've both gone through a few ships, Mark more than me. Yet, I still languish in 2nd place. God (and Mark ) only knows what is coming next!

(sorry to bore ya guys...but for the people [like me] who like details...)