View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Corporal

kennydicke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cinggis Qayan, Wrath of the Khans

Quote:
Sounds intresting. I'll take a look once I have the time.
Thanks! I had hoped somebody would find it interesting, even though it's not overly original. No rush on trying them out, I'd prefer people to have fun with my creation and not look at it as work (like my poor bro).

Quote:
What a first post! I like your attitude.
Thanks to you too! I like to be open, positive and honest; a result of working closely with men of faith.

Quote:
Like Burn, I will try this when I have time.
And like Burnsaber, I encourage you to try them at your own leisure, all the better for the best feedback!

Quote:
No there isn't a clean way to make mod weapons work with flaming arrows.
Unfortunate, but not unexpected; as of my personal notes in the .dm, I may change their bows to vanilla weapons. (Which do no justice to the Hunnic recurve bow; the Mongolian version of which, at 166 pounds of draw weight, was the most powerful hand-held weapon until the invention of the breech-load rifle.) It seems that an archer nation should have access to Flaming Arrows. Perhaps their is a way to make a national spell that would perform a similar function? Or maybe I can make another bow with flaming arrows and give it to a specific unit. (Maybe one of the sacreds, or the stealthy cavalry?)

Quote:
Onebattlespell can effectively only point to vanilla spells, so if you had it pointing to a modded spell, that wouldn't work (there is a workaround which is commonly used, I won't go into it unless anyone wants me to). It does work fine with spells that have a fatiguecost of 100+ though, so not to do with gems.
I noticed in the modding.pdf that onebattlespell can only be used on vanilla spells. I guess maybe you could edit a spell to get around this? I would be very interested in seeing how you accomplish this, if only to slake my thirst for knowledge. The spells were not being cast as normal, I hadn't tried actually giving the unit a gem to cast it with though. My brother is supposed to do that kind of thing, but he's busy reading his new RPG books.

Quote:
the question about silk clothing could be fixed by giving them armor with air shield
Thank you! Can air shield be added to non-magical armor, I didn't notice it, if so. I suppose I could make a new magic item called Silk Robes or somesuch.

Quote:
Took a brief look at this mod....it looks very interesting, very well done, and extremely fun to play
Once again, thanks! If it didn't have vanilla sprites, I would consider it done well enough. I also had fun playing as them, but those pesky dwarves and slann keep calling my name! (Oh, I long for simpler times. Machaka, Lanka and Ermor, how I miss you!)

Quote:
balance wise it probably needs to be toned down a bit. I will post some suggestions later.
Yeah, I have the same feeling. Toned down a LOT, morelike. I look forward to suggestions from more of you seasoned players!

Quote:
Great work!
Thank you much! Hopefully others will agree.

Last edited by kennydicke; February 15th, 2010 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: grammar