View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:06 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Hesco Infantry Base MoD 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
This mod replaces one multi-hex stone building icon with an infantry platoon sized Hesco base (not for vehicles).

FUTURE HESCO MODS
Ideally, we would have a variety of Hesco bases in different designs and sand colours.
If anyone designs additional Hesco bases - or even has ideas for Hesco base design - and wants help turning them into a mod, please contact me or post here. Cross
My next idea for a "Hesco" design is to model a typical Afghani village compound. The layout would be similar to the current Hesco base, however, replace the tents inside the base with buildings.

The following depicts an Afghan compound using level 1 hills, then placing single stone buildings inside. One big problem is height, the building elevations are not higher than the level 1 hills so platoon members have an obstructed view of the surrounding space (non if the surrounding is level.) I would like a shp file similar to the Hesco base but depicting an Afghani compound similar to the pic below:

Most of the Afghan operations involve securing an Afghani compound for SBF or overwatch position, thus an Afghan scenario would benefit from Afghan compound and a Hesco base as well.

Is it possible to elevate the buildings higher than the level 1 hill?

All comments/suggestions appreciated.