View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:53 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP Campaign - Gateway to Asia

Scenario 03: North of the Terek

(With the build points I repaired all the units of the Kampfgruppe. Instead of upgrading any tanks I bought two scout teams and two AT-rifle teams with the remaining points. Yeah, I know - but in advance they will be worth their weight in gold.

Turn 1-23

The Kampfgruppe is split into three roughly equal size detachments and sent into the advance. In the north is Grahn's reinforced 6./PzRgt201 who encounter the bulk of the enemy Panzer force and do most of the work.

In the south, advancing into the thick of the wooded area is Soltmann's group with the main combat element the reinforced light tanks of Fechner's 5./PzRgt20. They sustain the heaviest casualties.

Lieher, the commander of the SPW-Kompanie, is responsible for the center. He sustains no losses.

Radio message to Division:

“Burmeister, Gebiet gesäubert! Fdl. versprengte Truppenteile vernichtet. Six tanks and three anti-tank guns destroyed. Own losses include one Pz IIIL, two Pz II, one Sdkfz 222, one 37mm Pak SPW.
- - - – - - - – - - - - – - – - - - – - - – - -

No problem with the map. I played a little sloppy, all my losses happened at the end when I thought I was more or less done. There were still sizable intact Russian forces intact at the end (reduced company size with two AT-guns). Game ended on turn 22 (of 32). No Soviet counterattack at the end.

The new “do you really want to enter a rough hill slope Y/N” feature saved me twice from potentially getting bogged down tanks in the woods.

No problems with the units or the map that I could find.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: