View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2018, 02:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Concerning CHQ Link

Thank you Felix!

It confirms my suspicion (and further testing toward the final turn 37) that no superior HQs could rally any subordinates unless they're near the subordinates.

I could live with my points 1 and 2 above as per Andy's explanations (although I'd like "out-of-contact" to be more often for isolated faraway units).

Regarding my point no 3, I'm ambivalent about this.
Placing HQ units near his subordinates and rallying them sure is realistic, as it's quite rare in real life that "rallying" happens only through "voice". Usually rally involves being there physically.
But on the other hand, as also the Game Guide says that units equipped with Radios can be rallied far away, there's also some instances in real life that "light" rallying can be done via voice only. The good thing on the other hand, "out-of-contact" status incurs suppression points for the subordinates, so even if they can't be rallied from afar, at least just being in "Radio/In Contact" already gives them a benefit.

===========

PS: Thank you for the explanation about command-structure that allows & restricts rallying. I remember reading the GG states that A0 could rally anyone (friendlies) on the battlefield. I guess the GG is not infallible after all.

QUOTE:
"Consider the same for the battle Group HQ unit as well as he can rally anyone else, or provide skill rating boosts to anyone else."