Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2008, 03:05 AM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

Good idea about making links for the mod here (I was not sure if it was allowed). So I will edit my previous post and add them.

Mission 2, intel report typo - I will look into it.

Fighters:

Some of the fighters in the game will have shields while other does not. All the fighters on the game will have very slow regeneration variations according to ship. It will be a native ship specific setting and not through items. For example Star Blazers Earth fighters will have regeneration on hull (0.5) and Armor (0.1) but no shield regeneration Shields (0.0). The Star Fury universe (all fighters): hull (0.5), Armor (0.1) and Shields (0.5).
The Star Blazers Universe is on the beginning levels of shield tech. That is why also the Star Blazer ships has only one hull space slot for shields per side and none are higher than 20 shields. Some Universes may have very high tech in some areas but none in others. For example, there are some very powerful ships on the game that have no shields whatsoever like the Arcadia, while its counterparts from the same universe do have shields like the Illumidas.
Some fighters will have energy regeneration or a ship specific attribute. Interesting enough there is a race that can even tolerate be on the vacuum of space without any gear and those I assigned native crew regeneration. Naturally attributes for fighters will vary from the other ships. The why hull regeneration on fighters is that after a really long period of time they may heal enough to move around instead of remaining frozen in position forever.

Armor, shields and all the items on the game are set at only level =1. So they will not change. (Setting them = 0, may have some weird reaction on the game) Except for 'Phased Shield Generator (40kT), (80kT), (160kT)' that are set a level = 50. This is a bug- But since the player will not have access to them (and if he does he just may not use them) they will not affect the game. But thanks for pointing that out, I will make a note and will have it fix on next the update.