View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally: Sar Elad, testers needed

It looks very good overall, so I'm going to niggle you with details. I've got a game going in the other window and it strikes me as a reasonably balanced nation overall.

The Sar Hamishim is un-recruitable b/c you reused his unit number for the Kohen (2986.)

If you don't mind making him ethereal, you can just copystats off of the King of the Banefires and your Angel of Death will have his banefire shield.

I think that the Judge should prevent bad-events (copystats on the late Ulm fortune-teller should achieve this. Use #clearpath to strip the magic off.)

You need a mod-activation icon. It can just be a white rectangle or something but there's no way to tell if the mod is active or not.
(e.g. #icon <graphicsfile>)

Everyone else at that latitude prefers Heat +1.

There are some spelling and grammatical errors in your flavor text (listed below) - I've also got some suggestions, which you are free to ignore. For that matter you're free to ignore the spelling corrections too

The Melumad is clearly costed to compete with the Theurg Acolyte - but the Haham, which is noticeably superior to a base-line Theurg, has been given a pricebreak. The whole theurg progression is over-priced b/c they get commuicants, and they have such strong magic in the mid era.

My suggestion - give the Haham a double random, and change the prices to 80, 200 and 420. That way, you'll recruit reasonable numbers of each.

The navi should have a 10% chance of FAWES - and I agree about upping the age.

The scythe is fine (it has reach), but the peasants should be Per 9. That'll tone down the sling-spam somewhat. Obviously you're not going to want to recruit a lot of scythe-wielding peasants but I don't see that as a tremendous problem. The axe is an inferior weapon in the early era, since no-one wears armor that you'd need to use it to chop through, especially if you wake up with a strength of 12 (which is the actual historical use of metal axes, one of the awesome things about this game). I'd give the Lohem a Flail, instead, which would make them a highly competitive unit against craptons of crap. He should also probably be cheaper.

That starting army is too strong - the missile spam is not that big a deal, but you start with 40 of what are, for the early era, heavy infantry.

Either cut it down to 25 or 30 troops total, or give 20 lo'hem and 20 shomer shayarot instead.

The Nazarene should have the Jawbone of an *** as his default weapon.

Elijah should be immortal, he should fly, he should trample, he shoul be size 3, he should have a fire-shield, he should be flying around in a flaming chariot, kicking *** and taking names. Also, he should have nature magic so he can sick bears on people. Also, "Tishbite" is the more usual Anglicization.

On the subject of national summons - if you add a summon that requires, say, FFFA or AAAF, it will be very hard for other people to cast. That's the tempoary fix me and Frank have been going for on our mods.

I think these Pre bonuses are probably a bit too high - I don't see the justification for giving the archer a Pre bonus at all (the Long Bowman from Man only gets +2, and the Welsh on whom they are moddled had a reputation as awesome archers.) You could do worse than just to give the entire army a 1-point Pre penalty.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 469808-sar_elad proofread.txt (8.5 KB, 230 views)
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe